David Lee Berkowitz, MBA (“Berk”)
Founder and Chief Investment Officer
David is not only our founder but also our lead economist, finance consultant, portfolio manager, stock analyst, and stock market investor. His top credentials include the following:
- MBA, Finance, Columbia University Graduate School of Business and BA, economics, Columbia University’s Columbia College
- 30+ years of experience in financial management
- Key role in establishing value-based management (VBM)
- Member, New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA)
- Experience designing and conducting corporate finance education and EVA™ stock fund training for more than 6,500 corporate boards and financial and line managers
- Speaking engagements at the following prestigious locations:
- Local National Investor Relations Institute (NIRI) chapters and Analyst Societies in New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Dallas, and Washington
- Columbia University’s School of Business
- Fabozzi’s Value Metric Conference
- American Management Associate (AMA)
- IBM’s Advanced Business Institute
For six years, David was a corporate finance consultant at Stern Stewart & Co, a worldwide management consulting firm founded in 1982. He was in charge of the North American Economic Value Added™(EVA) implementation and specialized in advising manufacturing companies on shareholder value issues. Prior to his work at Stern Stewart, David was the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Head Trader for Woodward & Associates, a hedge fund company based in New York City. He lives in Middletown, New Jersey with his wife and three children.
Will was hired upon completion of the ValueAligned® Partners internship program. He is a motivated individual and employee, as well as a business student at the University of Delaware, where he will graduate in 2016.
He volunteers for his local Pop Warner Football program, coaches during summers for the DoDamage™ baseball program, and offers time and support for the LADACIN Network (formerly Cerebral Palsy of Monmouth and Ocean County).
Will is a resident of Middletown, New Jersey. He was a 2011 graduate and accomplished student-athlete of Middletown South High School. Will exhibited leadership as a two-year team captain of the baseball team, earning Pitcher of the Year honors as well as a Star Ledger® New Jersey All-State nominee.
About Triad LC
Triad LC is a Shockoe Bottom-based investment firm that oversees the family fortune of Ivor Massey, Jr.
The Massey family name is known for philanthropy. Ivor Massey, Jr. serves on the boards of Tricycle Gardens, the Valentine Museum, and the Middle Resolution. He has also served as president of the Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities and on the boards of the Virginia Department of Historic Resources, Museum of the Confederacy, and J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College.
Triad is a minority member of Rapidan Capital and a co-founder of ValueAligned® Partners, which manages the stock portion of the family’s diversified investment portfolio.
The Team For You
Rethinking your current personal financial planner? If you have any questions for us, feel free to call us at 732-800-2375.
We’d be delighted to help you gain insight into your own retirement strategy in just 15 short minutes of your time. Schedule your complimentary financial check-up with Berk himself, worth $500.